This year, only one original person he went hiking with a few years ago went with him. They went to the Wind Rivers, WY again and went for an extra day. Mart took a few photos of the scenery, but none with him in it. Ha.
It's always rough being left alone while he is gone, but he always comes back refreshed and recharged and ready to face life again.
This time around, he came back to a completely frustrated, frazzled and defeated wife. Not a good combo when you come back so ready to face the world again!
It was a long 4 days and it seemed like I just battled it out with my little ones. I had a girls night out dinner planned for Friday the night before Mart got home and was so looking forward to a break and to hang out. It turned out less than stellar and made me a lot more made and frustrated, and I wished I had just stayed home. Mart's Nanan joined Kace, Ber and I for dinner and almost right after we got there, I said something Kelsie style while she was talking (super sarcastic) and she didn't catch it and chewed me a new one! It really hurt my feelings and I almost just walked out right then and there. I didn't though, but I didn't say very much after that. I was really ready for Mart to come home.
The next day, I took my munchkins to the park to get out some energy while we waited for Mart to drive home. Ethan loved that the park we went to had a baseball diamond and played on that for most of the time. We threw pretend baseballs from the pitchers mound and he swung with a stick he found and then ran the wrong direction around the diamond. Then it was Lincoln's turn, and then mine. We all relaxed and running around made all of us feel so much better. Jade baby just wandered wherever she felt like going. Storm clouds were rolling in and we were the only ones in sight.
After we finished playing pretend baseball, we went and buried our feet in the sand and built towers, did monkey bars and went down the slide. Lincoln especially loved that this playground had sand instead of wood chips.
Jade also thought the sand was awesome!
And apparently it's tasty too. :)
I was really glad that Mart was able to go, and we sure missed him! I was glad to see his furry face again.














No comments:
Post a Comment