Saturday, November 15, 2014

Fall Fun

One of the many things I miss about our home in Richmond was the huge maple tree in the backyard. In the summer it pretty much covered the entire backyard with shade and in the fall, we had a bucket load of leaves to play in. (That had a minus side too ... all the clean up wasn't nearly as fun as the playing). We only have 2 very small apple trees that are still just getting established. No shade, no fun leaves, no apples really. One afternoon when we were picking Ethan up from school, we saw that all the trees at the school had dropped their leaves and there were all over the grass. We played in the leaves while waiting for Ethan to come out of the building. Jade had no shoes on, but LOVED the leaves! She was really mad when I picked her up so we could get Ethan.



Once we had Ethan, we just decided to stay and keep playing in the leaves for a while. The kids had a blast. I love the color, smell and crunch of fall leaves. I miss playing in them in our backyard. It was fun taking a break from our every day shenanigans to enjoy the fall.
















I'm glad we enjoyed them when we did, because the next day, the janitor had them all cleaned up!

No comments: