Monday, November 17, 2014

Halloween

Because we had done costume pictures early, Halloween could be a lot less hassle and more fun. Ethan wore his costume to school and later in the day I went an helped during their class party. I helped the kids make spider hats with lots of eye balls. They had a good time.

When we got home, we waited for Mart to get home and then got all dressed up and headed to Lee's for their store trick or treating. We met my mom and my brother and his family over there. After Lee's we went to Macey's for some more store trick or treating.




Knowing my kids as well as I do, I insisted at that point that we go home, take a little break, eat some real food (to balance out all the treats they would eat during the course of the night) and then get ready and head back out for some neighborhood trick or treating.

We went around our block to see all of Ethan's friends and when we were finished, we headed up to my Grandma's neighborhood like we usually do.



Because Lincoln is FINALLY potty trained (thank the heavens above), in the middle we had to take a quick little break for him. :) Thankfully he can just go on a tree.




My Grandma's used to be the place to go, but this year it seemed like at least half of the houses were dark and nobody was home. I think next year we'll just go around our own neighborhood instead.

Once we got home and out of costumes, the boys sorted and traded their treats.



I think they had a great time! Happy Halloween!

No comments: