Monday, November 17, 2014

Costumes and Pre-Halloween Photo Shoot

I love Halloween. Mart loves Halloween. It is our holiday. In fact, 10 years ago we got engaged ... on Halloween! :) It's been a little more stressful with very small children, but is starting to get more fun the bigger they are getting.

When I am able, my goal is homemade costumes for Halloween. It's not always possible, but when it is, I want it done right. One night when I was needing a break from home, Ber and I headed to Joann's to pick out costume fabric. She is always fun to go fabric shopping with and has great ideas and input. 


What I came home with:



I always get excited about the pile of fabric I bring home and excited to see the finished product. And then, I get really nervous that I'm not going to be able to pull it off the way I see it in my head. 

I had some major problems with my serger and after many hours of trying to solve the problem, threw that idea out the window and had to just rely on my sewing machine and double stitching everything.


 










Every year I have the plan to go take Halloween pictures somewhere fun before Halloween so we aren't stressed and rushed for cute photos on the actual day. It never works out, but this year it did! The day before, my mom and I headed up the canyon for a pre-Halloween photo shoot. In no particular order, I introduce you to Sir Knight (with helmet), The King Knight, and the little Princess.


























The boys loved their costumes and I think they turned out great! Everything fit perfectly and nothing fell apart. Success! Bring on Halloween!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Those costumes are amazing! Truly the most beautiful I have seen. You are amazing.