Back to the point, this week has been an extremely emotional week for me. I swear, everything just kept coming and hitting me harder than it should have.
My cute little man lost another tooth! That makes 3 ... which means that he's getting way too big.
His other tooth is on the verge of falling out too, and looks super silly. :) We keep teasing him and making him talk like one of the guys on Swamp People. Ha.
I had been pretty okay with Ethan finishing up kindergarten until about 2 days before his last day, and then it hit really hard. He's going to be gone all day long and eating lunch at school all by himself! He isn't the best listener I've ever met, and is definitely one curious boy ... how in the world do I trust that he'll do what he's supposed to do? I know I am just going to have to let it go.
It also didn't help at all when his cute teacher choked up the day of the kindergarten program while she was talking to all of us and showing a slide show of all the kids.
Lincoln decided it was finally time to start potty training! (Thank heavens!) He filled up his sticker chart within probably 3 days! I'm so proud of my little man, but seriously, slow down!
He even woke himself up in the middle of the night to go sit on the toilet! I was shocked.
And then probably the most irrational of all of them, we ran out to Richmond to drop off my city bill and stopped at my house to do something super fast. When we pulled in, I saw how long the grass was and I couldn't believe how unkept and abandoned my cute little house looked. I tried so hard to keep up with it when I lived there, and pulling in and seeing the grass up to Ethan's elbows just pushed me over the edge.
This was a before shot. :(
The backyard was insane!
We spent several hours Saturday working on the yard. It was quite the project.
We borrowed my mom's riding lawn mower, which helped A TON! I was mowing the backyard with grass and weeds flying all over me. I was singing show tunes and waving my arms all over like a crazy person. It made me feel a whole lot better. :)
When we were finished. It looked SO much better! It was dry, but at least it was no longer a jungle!
Ethan also learned to ride his bike with no training wheels, with almost zero help. He was way past the point of being ready. All Mart did was take the training wheels off and held the seat once. Off he went, and he loved it!
Here's to a much less emotional upcoming weeks, and hopefully an awesome summer!















No comments:
Post a Comment