Mart has been trying to get out and go hiking in preparation to head back to the Tetons this year with some guys in our neighborhood. (Last year they went and hiked the Middle Teton). Sadly, I haven't gone with him at all this summer. They always end up going around a time when I need a major break from children, and I choose to stay home alone while he takes both boys. I feel bad about not going, but at the same time, I don't. I think I do want to get out and go at least once with them before the summer is over though!
Anyway, they decided this time that they would take Grandad with them and they were going to hike up to the wind caves. Neither of us has been up there, and Mart didn't really know what to expect the hike to be like. Ethan was a trooper! He made it all the way up and nearly all the way back down before he was so worn out he couldn't walk anymore.
Look at this view! I love that we live so close to so many different canyons. Next time they go hiking, I'm going to go ... and maybe we can go back to the wind caves so I can see this view!
Ethan just hanging out taking a short break.
My two sweet boys. They LOVE the outdoors just like their parents!
Mart said the probably within 2 minutes of Lincoln being out of the backpack, he was completely covered in dirt!
Mart said that Grandad had a great time, but he was completely worn out by the time they finished!
He's getting so big!
I love that my sweet boys get to go spend quality time up in the mountains with their dad. They totally love Mart and don't always get to spend as much time as they would like with him because he works so much.
Once they were finally back in the car and on their way back home, I guess Grandad told Mart that he'd finally seen something that he'd never seen before ... Ethan worn out! :) I'm glad they all had such a good time.
No comments:
Post a Comment