Our nightly routine consists of getting Ethan dressed in his pajamas and heading upstairs to his room. He'll sit in his crib while Mart and I kneel to say our prayers. Ethan thinks that prayer time is really funny. He can't get over the fact that Mart and I kneel down and close our eyes. He used to giggle and play with our eyelids every time and now he will come to me and climb into my arms so I'm hugging him through the whole thing. After that's over, I look at him and say "Love you!", give him a kiss and tell him to lay down so I can tuck him in.
The other night, we went through the whole routine and as soon as I looked him the eye and said "Love you!" he looked back at me and said "Love you" back! It was so cute and I loved every second of it. Mart was a little jealous that he said it to me first and has been trying to get him to say it again ever since. One of these days he'll keep saying it.
I love that little man and I'm so glad he's mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment