Thursday, November 19, 2009

First Dam

I completely forgot to blog about this and was reminded when I saw the pictures the other day on my computer. Mart works at Hot Topic as a side job and they had a small get together/party thing at first dam the end of September. We took a loaf of bread and Ethan to feed the ducks. Ethan LOVES ducks! We take him to the zoo and that's all he ever wants to look at and he talks about ducks all day long at home. He thought the ducks at first dam were awesome!
It was freezing and the water was so cold so we only stayed for about an hour, but while we were there we let Ethan feed the ducks some bread.


We started throwing small piece of bread into the water and the ducks slowly got closer to us. Ethan loved watching the ducks swim closer to us.



The more bread we threw, the closer they got.



Until they were about 2 feet away.





And then they got a little too close for comfort.



And took over our spot on the beach!



After they took over the beach the big ones in front came up on the lawn and toward our picnic table. I hate birds, they freak me out! I didn't like that they were coming that close to me so I kept running away. Everyone thought it was funny. Eventually one of the girls Mart works with chased them all away.

It was pretty funny to watch the ducks just swarm the bread. Ethan loved being that close to the ducks, he tried to hug them when they came on the beach. When it gets warm again, I am definitely going to take him back there.

No comments: