Last wednesday Martin was laid off from his job, and spent the rest of the week looking for something else. I am worried about what we are going to do if he can't find something soon. I have been trying to remain calm, but the more days that pass without a source of income and having a home, bills and an infant ... the more I start to panic. If anybody knows of anything, let me know.
4 comments:
Kels, that freaking sucks! I'm so sorry. Anything construction related is hard right now.
I know it's not ideal, but I'm sure he could get a job at Schreibers. I hear they have GREAT insurance, bonuses, etc. They hire through workforce services, so Mart would have to go there to get an application. And I'm sure he would get the job since you know people that work there!
Or Icon...although Sio doesn't like it and is looking for something else, but it's a paycheck...
Have you applied to collect unemployment?
I'll keep my eyes open :)
I'm so sorry to here about Martin losing his job, I wish you both the best of luck. If you guys need anything, just lets up know.
Dang it! We've been through this more than I care to remember. Hang in there. Did he apply for unemployment? That's the first thing he should do. Check out www.indeed.com and search for jobs in Logan...they have lots of listings and it seems to be kept current.
I'm so sorry Kels. I know how much Martin loved his job and the pride he had in his craftsmanship. That really really really sucks. I will keep my eyes open. Definitely file for unemployment and all of the other social services you are able to qualify for. There's no shame - that's what this stuff is for! I'll keep my eyes open and you guys are in our prayers.
Post a Comment