Friday, October 17, 2008

My little monster

Ethan has offically taught himself how to crawl for real. He had been getting around everywhere by army crawling and seemed to have no problem with it. Lately he has been pulling himself up on everything in site and we were starting to think he would learn to walk before he could crawl.

Good job Ethan!





He also has gotten two more teeth making a grand total of four! Two top and two bottom. I have to admit, that week of the two teeth coming in was torture. He kept waking up every 2 hours just sobbing. I'm glad to have that behind me for now until more start to come in.

I have also given him another haircut. The hair on the very top of his head grows so fast, it was getting a little shaggy in the front. Now that it is short, I can spike it all up again!


I have also started teaching him sign language. I think this is such an awesome thing for an infant to know. How amazing is it when they can tell you exactly what they want before they can even speak? I need to learn more about it, but for now we are just starting out.

I have always wanted to learn sign language. In 7th grade I had a student teacher who was deaf and her interpreter sat right behind me and would show me signs everyday. My teacher would also start each lesson by teaching us something new to say. It was really neat. Whenever I have an interpreter in one of my classes, I would always pay more attention to them signing then I would to the teacher. Not a very good thing when I need to follow along. Anyway, I started teaching myself but it's a little tricky. One day I am going to take an actual sign language class. Until then, I will just have to keep teaching myself little by little.

Well that's it until next time. Have an awesome weekend.


2 comments:

Suzanne said...

He is the cutest little man! Lisa taught Aubrey some sign language, "drink", "eat" and a few things like that. I taught her to sign light! :)

Lindsay said...

Yay Kels! I have been trying to teach Dallin and Preston how to sign. It has been met with so/so success. I want to know sign language too. That would be my number one choice of a new language to learn.