Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Body Worlds Exhibit

Today Martin went to work but was sent home at 8am because they didn't have anything for him to do. When he got home, he took care of Ethan for a couple of hours so I could sleep in a little longer and then made us breakfast. After breakfast we decided that we should drive to Salt Lake and take Ethan to the zoo to see the animals. We went and picked up our friend Traves and headed to Salt Lake. When we got there we had to make a stop at the London Market (always a must while in SLC) and then headed up to the zoo. When we got there we learned that the zoo would be closing in about 30 minutes so we bagged that idea. Instead we started driving around looking for something else to do, and saw advertisements for the Body Worlds Exhibit hosted by University Health Care. For those of you who don't know what it is, it is a display of real human bodies and organs, parts, etc ... showing you how the body works. Here are some pictures of some of the bodies they have on display in SLC:






It's a pretty neat thing to do at least once, as it's a traveling exhibit it won't be here for long. I think it is here until January. But if you get a chance to go, you should at least go check it out.

All in all it was a pretty fun day. It's fun to just get out and go somewhere once in a while.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

How fun! I want to see that. What did you get at the London Market?

Kelsie said...

Martin's mom and grandparents are from England so he grew up on English food, treats, etc... So everytime we go to the London Market he always loads up on English chocolate. I got a few candy bars and some oxo cubes (bullion cubes). They are the best bullion cubes I've ever had.

Suzanne said...

Michael loved that exhibit too. It looks a litte freakish to me. I've never heard of a London Market, may have to check it out sometime.