I often feel like I don't live up to what I should during the year, so I have to make up for it once a year for birthdays! I go a little bonkers sometimes, (okay, apparently every time) and I'm usually stressed for a week straight. They usually turn out pretty cute though. :)
For months leading up to her birthday, I had originally planned on doing a lady bug birthday, and about a month before I changed my mind and had to re-plan all over again. I decided to do a fun summery theme, and we did a Pink Lemonade Party! Martin thought it was the weirdest idea ever, but just let me go with it (he knew I would anyway).
Her invitations turned out pretty cute for something simple.
After looking around pinterest for months, I decided to do a 1 year photo shoot/cake smash photo shoot. I had Mart build me a tiny lemonade stand and I made a bunch of pinwheels for her party, so we used them for the backdrop.
Even though I had to bring my boys along, and it made it quite chaotic, the photos turned out pretty cute!
After I finished her smash cake, I had to start on her big cake. I chose to do something easier, and I thought it turned out pretty cute and still screamed lemonade stand to me.
My pinwheel backdrop
I wanted to make cutesy sugar cookies, and this was my first time frosting them with royal icing and decorating them. They turned out pretty good, but the frosting was a little runny ... so it ran a bit too much on some of them.
Chocolate and pink lemonade cake pops!
We decided to just grill hot dogs for everyone to make it easy, so we had a handful of different side salads to go with them.
And my cute lemonade stand put to good use. :) Pineapple and watermelon lemonade! Ethan was convinced everyone needed to pay up to have a cup, and hounded every single person for 10 cents each time they wanted a drink. Silly boy
We put my new pergola to good use and had a great time!
Jade was all warmed up after eating her smash cake a few days before, so she dug right in!
My cute grandma and Dee
Ethan was so excited for her birthday, he had been counting down for weeks. He told everyone he saw about her party!
My madre
The tiny birthday lady did really well opening gifts all by herself! I was surprised at how well she did.
Lincoln was so excited to see all of Jade's new toys, he couldn't wait to dive in and play with them.
Ryan and Zack
Ber and Kace
Kace and Mr. Tyler
Nanan and Grandad
Happy birthday tiny angel face! (Don't worry, I think I've already come up with a theme for next year ...)








No comments:
Post a Comment