Tuesday, July 22, 2014

July 13 ... and well a couple other days ...

I am really not doing well at taking enough photos on the 13th of every month. I remember the night before, I even remember in the morning ... but then I forget to carry around the camera or pull out my phone (which most of the pictures end up being anyway). So, perhaps on the 13th of each month I'll just do a rundown on what's been going on lately instead. 

The 13th was actually quite eventful this month, but I completely space pulling out my camera until after everything was said and done. When I woke up, the boys were playing with Mart's legos. I had bought the boys the new lego movie and they loved it! Once Mart realized how much they loved it, he pulled his totes of legos out of the shed and they went to work. The boys loved it!





While they were playing, I got a phone call from my friend Seantae and she was broken down on the side of the road just down the street from my house. Jade and I drove over to see if we could help. We never did get the car started, even with the help of a super nice guy who pulled over and did his best to get it going. I ended up calling AAA and used my tow service to get her car home. They took quite a while to arrive, so we just sat and caught up. It felt like I hadn't seen her in a while, so it was good to see her for more than 5 minutes. :)

Later that night, Kace and Ryan had Lucas' baby blessing. We went over to their house for the blessing and treats. He looked darling and so tiny. After hanging out with family we headed back home. I did remember to take a picture of us after though ... ;)


Jade was feeling like she needed more dad time, and curled up and snuggled with Mart for a little while. She is very much NOT a snugly baby, so we take these rare chances when we can get them.


Monday's we go to my mom's house for family home evening with my mom, Debi, Kace and her family, Ber and Dallan and Nanan and Grandad. This day ended up with just us and my mom so we pulled out the new box of magformers and just hung out and built some fun projects. The boys did great and loved that they could make things that actually moved.





While we were there, I asked my mom if she would watch my kids for an hour so Mart and I could go work out together quickly. She agreed, and I went home and laced up these beauties and headed to Kubex. It was just what I needed to unwind, and it was so funny going with Mart. He was in the cube right behind me, and at one point he started grunting and talking back to the monitor. I couldn't help but bust up laughing when he complained to the screen that he couldn't move as fast as the guy was demonstrating.
 
Honestly, sometimes Lincoln is just so weirdly funny. I have no idea what was going through is mind, but he was just drawing. Ha ha!


Tuesday when Mart came home, we waited until it cooled off a little and headed to 1st dam to go on a little hike and get out of the house.



We headed up a small trail that went around the back of the dam. Neither of us had been up there, but it was pretty fun. On our way up, we saw a baby deer and it's mom and the boys thought that was awesome!


Jade apparently started to get bored, and started standing up in the backpack! Little turkey.


View from the top above 1st dam.






We made it down just in time, it was dark as we were walking back to the car. To finish off our night we stopped and had some orange leaf!



Jade and I had 5 minutes of girl time and I painted her tiny piggies.



A little later, the boys and I had Potter time and played Harry Potter trivia! It was fun and the boys were actually pretty good (or good guessers). :)




Watching dad rearrange the garage. Sometimes, this is the only way to contain her. :)


After, we tried out her new car seat! She looks so tiny sitting there.


And, well, we'll round off with this cute face once again.


Happy rest of July!

No comments: