Here are a few pictures from his birthday party:
His Blue's Clues paw print cake. My original plan was to make a fondant or gumpaste Blue to put on top, and then a big bright number two to put on the front ... but that just didn't happen. Thursday night I baked all the cake so I could decorate all day Friday and be ready for Saturday. Friday morning Ethan opened the fridge and dislodged an entire sheet tray of cupcakes and cake pop balls, and they went all over the floor. Which meant, my plan for the day changed and I didn't get as much time to decorate. I had to re-bake half my stuff.
As soon as Tyler got to our house, he was totally wired! He was laughing like crazy! He was so excited to see Ethan and Lincoln!
Zack even seemed happy to see us!
Lincoln was so excited when we light the candles on his cake. He even paused long enough for me to take a picture. (Ethan has a hard time with that ...)
And then we re-lit the candles so Tyler could have a turn. And then Ethan. And then Lincoln again. :)
I have been dying to try making a polka dot cake ever since I saw a picture of one. I decided to try for Lincoln's cake. It was fun and it turned out cute. My cake batter was a little runny on the bottom layer so the polka dots rose to the top during the baking process. I'll have to try again!
After we had cake and ice cream, then Lincoln got to open some presents! He was so excited. He wanted to play with all of them!
Sunday morning for Lincoln's actually birthday, Mart made pancakes with sprinkles! My boys were so excited and so wired. Ha ha.
And then, they had fun playing with the balloons. Lincoln kept bouncing on them. We thought for sure that one was going to pop under him.
Happy birthday my little man! I cannot believe that you are two. Crazy how time flies.
1 comment:
Um, this is your small party after being sick all week? Sheesh girlfriend! You really need to plan my kids' birthday parties. And what's the secret to the polka dot cake? And what kind of frosting is the cake?
Post a Comment