With everything going on lately, we thought it would be a good idea to sign Ethan up for something fun to distract him. Our friend Leslie teaches karate and recently opened her own school. I thought it would be the perfect thing for Ethan (it's not like he needs more skills to beat someone up though!).
His first day was Tuesday. He was hesitant when I first told him where we were going, and told me he didn't want to go because he didn't know what he was doing. I told him that's why I was taking him, so he could learn. Once we showed him what karate was, he seemed way more excited.
He did pretty good and seemed to like it! He had a hard time focusing and just kept watching me and Lincoln. I was letting Lincoln play with my kindle to distract him, and Ethan wanted to play the kindle too. I think he'll start to like it even more once it really gets going.
Learning some basics:
Horse stance (well, sort of):
He liked when he got to punch!
He loves the punching bag at grandma's, so he was a pro when it came to this!
Right at the end she decided to have the boys come and do a somersault on the mat. This part was so funny that the lady sitting next to me just burst out laughing. All the little boys ran up, and either did a somersault or started to and Leslie helped them finish. Ethan on the other hand, has no idea what a somersault is and ran up to the mat and just dived across the entire thing to the other side. It was seriously hilarious! When we came home, I had to show him what a somersault was!
Ethan's attempt at a somersault:
Next, they had to jump. He was much better at that, but still did a sort of dive over it.
Bowing to leave. He didn't want to go home. The rest of the day he kept asking to go back to karate. That's a good sign! I wasn't sure if he liked it or not. Hopefully it'll be good for him and he has fun and learns a little discipline at the same time!
No comments:
Post a Comment