Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Christmas ... finally

I suppose I should probably get caught up on my Christmas post before I have a ton of other posts to add ... (not that I don't have a ton backed up already.... :) I'm a blog slacker )

Martin worked a ton leading up to Christmas. It was good, but not at the same time. It was like we didn't even see him through all of December. It made for a really good paycheck two days before Christmas, which helped a ton! But it made for a little bit of a lonely holiday with him coming home late every night. Besides Mart being gone all month, when he was home, it seemed like we had plans. We felt like we were rushing everywhere all month long. Birthdays and more birthdays, shopping, work parties, a play, and who knows what else. It felt like a very busy month.

It took a while, but we finally got our tree up. We generally get it put up right around my birthday (right around Thanksgiving), but this year it just didn't work out until into December. My boys thought the tree was great fun! Ethan even decorated his own little tree again. (Bottom right corner)

Mart usually spends the entire month of December outside building Christmas projects, but because he was so busy at work, he didn't make it out there until the week before Christmas, which meant he had to cut 80% off what he was going to make off his list.


We must have been good because we were spoiled this year. Way more spoiled than I had originally anticipated. I spent a good chunk of time making our boys some gifts as well. I made both of them a quiet book for church. They took me FOREVER! I started about a month before Christmas and was only able to work on them at night when the boys were sleeping. Which meant, I was up sewing from like 10pm to 3-4am every night for a month. I have never made a book before so I wanted to make it as easy as possible. Once I got the hang of what I was doing, things when a whole lot more smoothly. They loved them when they were done, and that made it all worth it! I will post photos of the books in another blog post. They also got new quilts and some homemade stuff from a craft fair Mart was a part of a few months back.


Christmas morning:









Light sabors were by far the biggest hit of Christmas! Ethan walks around with all three of them attached to his pants. We have sword fights several times a day!


Ethan even tried to open up one of his boxes with it ...


What better way for two boys to get their aggression out? A punching glove set. :)


Ethan got a small kitchen set and vegetables he can chop. He loved them! He cooks for me all the time now.


And Lincoln man got a tool set which was a big hit with him as well.


And, we can't forget the new hand print hat of the year.


And Santa Clause brought them each a big Tonka truck! They will be so fun in our yard in the summer in the new sandbox we are going to make!


This isn't a great photo, but I had to throw at least one in of me too. :)



It was a great Christmas. Long and a little stressful, but I guess that's what happens when you have to have three separate Christmases. It was nice to get everything taken down and put away, and get back to normal lives.

Now it's time to get ready for Ethan's 4th birthday ... and Disneyland!

No comments: