Saturday, May 9, 2009

Front yard makeover!

I have lived in my house for 2 1/2 years and have hated my front flower beds since day one. I haven't done anything about them because of lack of time, lack of money etc... the list goes on and on. Well I'm not pregnant this summer so I have energy, Ethan isn't an infant and can run around outside with me so I'm not suck inside with him, and my mom's friend Debi told me about compost at the dump for $35 a truckload! I was planning on a truckload of top soil and that's like $150. Once I found that out, I decided it was time. I did a much needed flower bed makeover during the last two awesome days outside! I'm sore and worn out and very sleepy but it was well worth it. My flower beds look SO much better than they used to. Still have a long way to go, but we're at least a step closer.



Front bed to the right of the door before:



Front bed to the left of the door before:



Half of my first load of compost:



After it was cleaned out and we had started adding compost.



Ethan was such a good boy and an awesome helper!



He also decided to try some delicious mud ...


And couldn't stop eating it ...



After running around outside all day long, he started to get tired and started to trip more often. That's how he ended up with his ginormous goose egg number 2! (Maybe I really should make him wear a helmet..)



Martin and Dallan shoveling out my second load of compost:








Front bed to the left of the door after:



Front bed to the right of the door after: (My bike is still in this flower bed, it just wasn't put back in when I took this picture)



I also planted a ton of flower seeds and will take more pictures when they all come up! (I've never planted flower seeds before so hopefully they do come up.)

It was so nice to be back outside working in my yard after a long winter of being cooped up inside.

1 comment:

.:*The Brown Family*:. said...

That looks really nice! We did the same thing, we got all are bark at the dump, it's really good bark to and it's really cheap. But you did a AWESOME job!!!