Monday, December 8, 2008

I can't believe it's already December...

I seriously cannot believe that it is already December. Usually by this times I have my Christmas tree up and am nearly ready for Christmas. This year, there is no snow yet (which I like but don't at the same time) which is really odd, so that makes it feel even less like Christmas. I don't have my tree up yet for two reasons. 1. We don't have a ladder and can't get to our decorations so we have to borrow one and 2. Ethan is going to tear our tree to shreds when it is up so we've been trying to think how to do it so he can't get to it. Our living room is really small and there really is no place for a tree in the first place, we just have to cram it in there usually. We are going to buy a small live tree (which I am so excited about! I love love love live trees, they smell amazing!) and put it on our small table in between the couches and wedged up against the wall. That way it'll look big still but Ethan won't be able to reach it.


I realized today that Martin and I haven't had pictures taken of just the two of us since Ethan was born, so today I tried to take a couple with the tripod before church, and they are nothing special but something I guess. This week we are going to take all of Martin's siblings because we are all together, which doesn't happen often as Kacean lives in Portland, and go get pictures taken with all of us. My friend is going to take them, so I'm going to have him take some of just Martin and I as well. I'm excited. I love pictures! My house is covered with them.


So Ethan is going to be 11 months old this month and I can't believe it. I can't believe that 1 year ago I was so sick and so ready to pop and anxiously waiting our new arrival. And now he's here, standing by himself next to the couch, clapping, pointing his finger at me, giggling, smiling and being the light of our lives and is almost 1! I've had a baby for 11 months and sometimes I still find it hard to believe that I have a baby and that I am a mom. I love it though, he's so sweet and I'm excited to celebrate his first Christmas and the rest of the holiday season.


1 comment:

Heidi & Sio Latu said...

baha!! i'm sure your tree will be much better. mine is so sparse and sad looking. oh well, whatdoyado?
how are things? ethan is so stinking cute!
we need to hang out again...preferably before ethan is going into kindergarten. i'm sure you're busy with the holidays and such (although, it doesn't even feel like the holidays!) but let me know when you're not busy and we'll play.

love.