Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

So today was Ethan's first thanksgiving. He was all geared up and ready to help me cook lunch.




I decided this year that I wanted to make a turkey and my favorite thanksgiving side dishes just for my house for leftovers so we could have them whenever we wanted. I got to work planning exactly how I wanted to cook the turkey. In the end, I had a handful of people decide that they wanted to come over for lunch so I ended up buying two small turkeys instead of just one small turkey for Martin. I brined the first turkey in salt, rosemary, peppercorns and garlic and then had it smoked. I roasted the second turkey with an herb butter rubbed under the skin and all over the skin with spices all over and fresh herbs in the cavity to make it more aromatic. I have to say, I am really proud of my first turkey ever! Martin said it was pretty good too, I wouldn't know. I don't eat meat. :)




So Ethan had a rather big lunch, a little herb turkey, sour cream and chive mashed potatos, green beans, a roll, some stuffing and then played until he just couldn't play anymore. I went in to check on him about a half hour later and this is what I found.


Poor baby was so worn out, and he had learned the after-effects of thanksgiving turkey. He was really funny... after I took pictures we said his name and woke him up and as soon as his eyes opened he started jumping around like crazy as though he hadn't fallen asleep at all. He was really funny, it made us all laugh.

Ethan has also discovered another joy of being little ...



He, like all little kids, LOVES boxes!

He was so sweet today and I'm so thankful to have him in my life this year. I am also thankful for Martin, for everything he does for Ethan and me, and for the home we have to live in. We are so blessed.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

4 comments:

.:*The Brown Family*:. said...

man that turkey sure looked good!!! But it looked like you guys had alot of fun this year. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Suzanne said...

Ethan is just too cute! And I can't believe you go through all that trouble and don't eat meat. You also didn't say anything about it being your birthday! Happy Birthday!!! :)

Kelsie said...

Thanks. :) I really hate when my birthday falls on Thanksgiving so I usually don't mention it. I like to cook for other people and most people at meat so I cook it for them and pray it tastes good.

Shel Loney said...

Those pictures of your little guy are so cute. I love the one where he is falling asleep in the bouncer. I loved when my little girl would fall asleep in funny ways... He is adorable.