A while ago, I told Mart how I've always wanted to learn to shoot a bow and arrow. When I was little, I always thought it would be awesome, but I never really told anyone. I just never thought it would become a reality, not sure why.
It's an activity that both Mart and I can both get into, and include our family in as well. We got both of the boys a bow for Christmas. They were happy, but because it was too cold to go out and actually use it, they weren't overly excited or anything. Once we were able to get out and try them out for the first time, they were hooked. Ethan loved it! We made a lovely ghetto target and shoot in the front yard every now and again.
This day, Ethan magically hit the bulls eye and needed to have his picture taken with it!
I got Mart a wooden recurve bow, and he got me a fancy pants compound bow. We usually take turns with both, but stick to our own because it fits us better.
Trying to figure out what I'm doing.
When we actually got our bows, Traves decided he needed to get the one he's had his eye on forever too.
I tried out Traves' bow, it pulls back super easy, but shoots a little crazy for me.
We have a real target now and have gone shooting up in the canyon once. Excited for summer! Lots of new fun activities this year. :)
















No comments:
Post a Comment