Friday, September 19, 2014

Ogden Temple Open House

About a week before Nanan and Grandad headed back to Arizona for the winter, we were able to go walk through the Ogden temple with them. Just pulling up and looking at the building from the outside was awesome. The outside is so much better than it used to be, and it was beautiful.


The only spot we were able to get when I made reservations was in the middle of the afternoon on a weekday. Mart had to leave work super early and we got ready and headed out. We got there and since we had two people who needed wheelchairs, we had to go through the handicap entrance. Because of limited wheelchairs in the actual temple, we had to have our group draw numbers and wait for our turn to be called. We were assigned numbers 39 and 41, and when we showed up they were only on 17 ... with 6 small children who don't like to sit in chapels, hold still and be reverent, the wait was getting ridiculous. In the end, we ended up walking to the temple at 3 instead of at 1 when our original reservation was made for. We had to wait for 2 hours to even go over to the temple. It was incredibly frustrating and at one point I was debating if it was even worth going at that point and wondered if I should just take my family and go home.

We did end up hanging in there, and several tantrums and screaming crazy fits and lots of hungry/tired crying later, we finally were able to go inside. It was amazing and so beautiful. I love that I am able to live so close to so many different open houses to take my children to go see. Ethan was such a good helper and followed my grandma and her wheelchair around every room they went in.

Everyone that came with us: (My mom, grandma, my family, Kace and her boys and Nanan and Grandad)


Sometimes Mart buddies up to my mom. :)




Since she has lost majority of her sight, whenever someone takes a picture of her she thinks she needs to wave at the camera. I always have to remind her to stop moving her hand so it's not blurry. Ha! Love that silly lady.





I'm so grateful that Mart's Grandparents have been able to come and spend the last 3 summers with us. They have been able to go through the Brigham temple and the Ogden temple open houses with us, and it has been awesome to share that with them. It's always sad when they head to warmer weather for the winter.


My tired nugget and my mom


Kace and her cute boys



These two crashed minutes after we got back to the car.



What a wonderful feeling it is to walk through such a beautiful place with my family. I hope my kids always remember that experience and remember what a special place the temple is. Even with the frustration of waiting 2 hours, I am glad we stuck it out and took them inside.

No comments: