I seriously feel like I've just written the same exact thing in every post for the last 6 months. This day was difficult ... I'm not sure if my boys are just reacting to moving, or having a new baby, or Ethan going to school, or mom trying to figure out how to handle three kids instead of two, or being cooped up ... or I have no idea. I start the day either thinking it's starting out really well and relieved, only to find that it flips halfway and I'm frustrated until well past bed time, or I start the day ready to skin someone and it never tends to get better. I know a big part of it is that I'm not getting enough sleep. My own fault, and I REALLY need to fix that. I need to go to bed earlier, but staying up all alone at night is my only saving grace. I have been trying to find ways to help our days go more smoothly. Hopefully we can find something that helps. (*I'm writing this on the 17th, and this morning has been awesome! My boys haven't been rude, they have actually been helpful, and it's been nice snuggling with them instead of disciplining them. Thank goodness! Now if only it will continue on every morning ... *)
Anyway, back to my post. Here are 13 photos I took on the 13th.
Lincoln was being, well, difficult. He was sitting in time out (sticking his tongue out at me and telling me mean things the entire time) while I was making him breakfast.
He also drew on my desk with pen. He has entered the stage of drawing all over everything. Nice.
I love watching Ethan's little hands hold pencils and write out letters! He's growing too fast.
Jade has recently decided that she loves to eat. If she can grab it and shovel it in, all the better. She loved eating scrambled eggs with us.
Lincoln had an early morning snack ...
Watching something fun before getting Ethan ready for school.
The highlight of my day was waking up and finding that cute little Ethan had woken up and emptied the dishwasher by himself. (He has done that 4-5 times now and loves it)
I was planning my mom's 60th birthday party and had written out a quick list of things I needed, and Lincoln came and drew me a picture right on top.
Individual pizzas for dinner. Ethan loves being able to make his own!
My little lady showing off that she's getting really good at sitting up by herself!
Dinner time was a little more messy than the eggs. :) Love that messy face!
On rough days, I love seeing this cute furry face. She always makes me feel better
Once everyone was in bed, I stayed up making Ethan's valentines to hand out at school. Everyone kept telling me how awesome they were and how creative I was. I have to say, pinterest definitely makes me look good some days. Definitely not my design, or idea, but they turned out great! :)
1 comment:
We live the exact same lives in different bodies!!! I feel the same way you said in your first paragraph! I have no clue what to do either. I stay up too late to have - finally - some alone time to do whatever I want and I'm a crazy wreck. But I gave up staying up late for awhile and I was still a crazy person. Ugh.
Post a Comment