Thursday, July 26, 2012

Tony Grove

Last weekend, we took a spur of the moment trip up the canyon to have a picnic at Tony Grove. Seriously, you can't beat this view for lunch!



We thought that Nanan and Grandad were probably ready for a change of scenery, so we asked them to come with us. They seemed to really enjoy it and had a great time. Grandad commented that this was the first time he'd ever eaten Subway at 8000 feet. :)



My boys were anxious to be done with the boring food part, they wanted to play with rocks and get in the water! 


Love this little face!


This was my first time at Tony Grove. Mart has driven me up there before, but we never got out and walked around. It was totally beautiful! I'm sure that we'll go back lots more.

One thing we'll remember to take next time ... is bathing suits, and a towel! (Seriously, I'm not sure what we were thinking ...)

After I changed Lincoln, we walked back to the lake and I saw Ethan just splashing around in his underwear ... I made the poor boy put on his shorts. Darn Mama ruining all the fun.



After his shorts got all the way wet, he didn't seem to mind so much.




Lincoln thought the water was so much fun! He loved picking up sticks, rocks and just splashing.





What he didn't like was tripping on the rocks and falling in face first! Good thing dad was right there to catch him. 

 





Yes, I was there too. :)
(I'm not in a lot of the photos that we have. I guess that's what happens when I'm the one who takes them all ... )


I did happen to be there, but I wasn't heartbroken that I was only in a couple of the pictures. I haven't been feeling all that great, and I definitely didn't look my best that day. But it totally doesn't matter when you go up the canyon!


Me and my sweet boys. They were both totally annoyed I asked them to hold still for a photo. They just wanted to keep playing!



After Lincoln fell in the lake the second time, Ethan walked up to him and patted his head and gave him a hug and said "It's okay brudder!"


Nanan and Grandad seemed to enjoy their stroll around the lake.




My little fish!



We all had a great time, I love spur of the moment activities that we all love! The boys didn't even mind going home in just a diaper and underwear!


1 comment:

Trisha said...

Those spur of the moments adventures are always the best ones!