Thursday, July 5, 2012

7 years!

(This post is long overdue, but I guess it's better late than never! I just found and loaded the photos from my camera onto my computer.)

**Flashback to May 21st**


Over the weekend Mart and I were able to head to Salt Lake for a night away from kids! It was very needed and it was so fun to just hang out with the two of us. I always take a camera, but never remember to take photos if it's just the two of us...

I did remember to take one of us right before we left to check out the new City Creek mall.


Before we headed to the new mall, we went over to the Gateway to walk around and get movie tickets for that night. After we were finished, we headed over to see the new City Creek mall. Honestly, I thought it was a little expensive for our taste ... okay, maybe just our wallet. :)

While they were building the mall, around the corner they were also building a new downtown Harmons location, and Mart's work had been doing the stone for them so we had to go check it out.
They had picked out bright crayon red and black, and I was curious to see how it turned out. The red is generally too bright to look great in a lot of places ...

It really did fit in and looked really nice inside! Harmons is huge! They have the bottom level which is the grocery store, a huge bakery, deli and who knows what else. :) On the second level they have a small gift shop (selling kitchen stuff), a sit down deli area, a coffee shop and a big room where they do cooking classes!

Mart remembered making a bunch of tables that we couldn't find anywhere, so we headed outside and he found them outside. Of course, we had to take a picture of him with the finished product.



When we left the mall, the only things we had purchased where odds and ends groceries from Harmons...nothing from the mall. ha ha.

I love to cook, so I honestly really like grocery stores. I like to go and look around and see what they have that we don't have in Logan. I like to walk around and get ideas for dinner.

We ended up with some big chocolate and peanut butter pretzels for the movie, some small packets of almond butter, peanut butter, and chocolate peanut butter for snacking, some flavored salt, a dragon fruit (which I've wanted to try for a while) and some pretty fingerling potatoes for dinner on Sunday.



When we were done at City Creek, we headed back over to the Gateway to go to the movie. We saw What to expect when you're expecting. It was pretty funny. We think it was even funnier because we are parents and have been there and know what's it's like. :)


The next morning we woke up and got ready and went to do a session in the Salt Lake Temple. I have been wanting to see what people meant by Salt Lake doing a "live" session for quite a while. I have to say, the live session keeps me awake much better than a movie and a dark room...




When we got out of the temple we had some lunch and headed home to pickup our boys! Kace had watched them for us and we were so grateful.

Sunday I made an herb roasted chicken, and the drippings from the chicken seasoned my pretty Harmons fingerling potatoes!






May 21, 2005:






July 3, 2012: (7 years later!)



Pretty crazy to think we've been married for 7 years! At times it's seemed like it's been way longer than that, and other times it feels like we just barely got married. A lot has happened, and a lot more will continue to happen! We still have a long journey ahead of us!

Happy Anniversary Mart! 7 years, holy cow! I love you!

No comments: