Saturday, July 14, 2012

Kace's Baby Shower

Miss Kace is due the middle of next month with another boy! He'll be here before we know it, so we decided to have a small "sprinkle" of a shower for her. A couple of months ago I asked her what types of food she wanted for it, and she said the only thing she's been wanting lately is ice cream. I decided that was as good as anything, so I based the entire shower on it, and we had an ice cream shower!


I looked forever for half decent invitations that would work, but found nothing that I didn't have to order. I decided that I would just make them instead. I had to look online for ideas, but in the end this is what I ended up making:


 

And this is what I found to put on the back.


What would an ice cream party be without ice cream cone cupcakes?  Thank you pinterest for that idea! I think the hardest part of these babies was cutting the circles out of the pan so they could stand upright. :)




I tried to come up with ideas for decorations that were cheap, but bright and made an impact. I've seen these pom poms around for a while and decided that they didn't look very hard and I could make them. They were a lot harder than they looked ... After 3-4 of them looking like garbage, I watched several youtube videos to figure out an easier way to do it. After several videos, I finally found an easier way for me to make them, and they started to look much better. I'm sure it didn't help that it was like 2 in the morning at this point ... 



I also made some little banners to hang up and they turned out pretty good.


It was hard to get this entire table in my camera to take a picture, but here is my build your own ice cream sundae spread.





More pom poms hanging from the fan.



I'm not a huge fan of tradition baby shower games. I don't really like to guess what kind of candy bar is in the diaper .... or guess what flavor of baby food is in the jar ... so I generally steer clear of those. I don't mind ones where you fill out a baby of scrambled words, or something personal for the mom and baby, and honestly the one where you guess how big around the mom's waist is with a string isn't that bad either ... (it probably helps that she's tiny ... and I'm oddly good at that game).


I found a print out of this sheet that we did instead. I had everyone fill it out and then I will make them into a small book for Baby Zack when he is bigger.


(A link to the pages can be found here)





 
 
I also did a word scramble, which ended up being harder than I thought it would! Nanan was getting frustrated because she's very British and ... well, she didn't know what some of the words were. :) After she figured some out she would be like "What is a onesie?!?" ha ha. Silly lady.










Nanan recently got back from a week long trip to England to visit family and attend Grandad's sisters funeral. While she was there, she got the baby these awesome pj's! They were super cute!



And her sister sent this shirt for the baby.





My mom, Debi and I decided to go in on a gift together and get Kace a double stroller. I love mine and use it all the time! I also made Zack a dinosaur quilt and got him some cute pj's. 


Kace with her mother in law Julie, and her sisters in law Erin and Brenda. Brenda and Kace are due about a week apart!


Kace with my mom and Debi



Nanan, Kace, Ber and me. 



It turned out pretty good and I hope she had a good time. Can't wait to meet little baby Zack!

3 comments:

Trisha said...

You sure know how to throw a party!

Jenny said...

Oh my heck! Can you plan all of my parties? Seriously! Everything was adorable! What a fab idea. Love it!

The Garbanati Family said...

You're so creative Kels! Looks like a great time!