Thursday, April 19, 2012

New Couch!

Our couches have been through a lot! They have had a good life and are totally hammered. They were getting to the point where you had to put pillows underneath you to even sit on them. This year we decided it was time to buy a new couch.

Goodbye old couches ....





Hello new sectional that was on a door buster sale!




And, I even got a cute accent chair! 


We also got a matching ottoman, but it wasn't here yet when I took the picture. It fits so much better in our living room and it made our small living room look a lot bigger than it did before! And, we are able to fit more people than we were before!

**Side note story that maybe one day I'll want to remember ... or maybe not. :) **

The day after it was delivered, one of the slats in the couch broke! (Are you kidding me??) After working with the guys at the store, they finally decided that instead of fixing it for us they would just bring us out a brand new base.  It had broken at a knot in the wood, so the manufacturer covered it.

Seriously, I think it was like 2 days later Mart walks in the house and says something like "We have to be really careful with our couch! I just drove by the store and they have going out of business signs and 80% off signs all over the building!" Not even 30 seconds later Ethan stood up on the arm of the couch and dive bombed the couch! The dive bomb was followed by a horrible, unmistakable, crunching noise. He had broken another slate on the couch that hadn't been replaced... I couldn't believe it.

Mart will get this one fixed, and it was 100% our fault. Even though it's been broken twice in about 2 months, I still really like it! I'm glad that we were able to get a new couch!

2 comments:

Angie Elwood said...

We bought the same couch about a year ago, but instead of the brown cushions they are tan. We love it!

Trisha said...

So cute! Sorry about the breakage :(