Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween!

We had been debating for quite a while what to have Ethan be for Halloween. We wanted something cute but not a costume that you can just go buy at Walmart for a 2 year old. As I am a super huge Harry Potter fan, and with the new movie coming out in a couple weeks we decided to make little Ethan ... Harry Potter!

He was super cute and everywhere we took him people would comment on his costume. I think little kids are just so cute in costumes and this one was no different.

That morning we got Ethan all dressed up to take him to the mall and to Lee's.

Getting all ready:




After seeing him with black hair, Mart and I both decided that it was good his hair turned from dark to light after he was born, because he just doesn't look right with dark hair anymore!


Kace, Ryan and Ber joined us in trick or treating at the mall. It was kind of a waste of time except for the fact that Ethan had a good time. We stood in a huge line to just walk around in a circle at the mall. A good chunk of the stores were either not participating or were out of candy, so it was basically a costume parade.

After walking about halfway around the mall we decided to be finished and head to Lee's.

We had to get a picture of Ber and Ethan, she was the one who made his cloak for him. It was super adorable!


All dressed up and ready to go trick or treating that night! I'm glad we chose an outfit that could be super warm, because it was raining when we headed out!



Yes, that is a drum stick. We couldn't find his wand the day of Halloween! We did in fact find it, yesterday.


We got in the car and headed over to Grandma Erm's house so Ethan could go trick or treating with Jordan and Garrett (my nephews), Kira and Jaden (my cousins) and Dallin and Preston (my cousin's cute twins). We also had Bryce, Kristie, Linds, Brandon, Traves, Kace, Mart and myself along for the fun as well.

Ethan had a blast! He thought it was so much fun going door to door asking for treats. We gave up on his glasses about halfway through the night and ended up losing them all together after Ethan dropped his bucket a few times. Good thing I got some pictures before we headed out!


I know this picture is a little blurry, but the look on Ethan's face was so cute and showed how much fun he was having so I decided to post it anyway.


It's tradition to visit the robot house when you go trick or treating in my Grandma's neighborhood, but the man who runs the robot I guess is really really sick so the robot wasn't moving and handing out treats this year, he just sat in the background.



All in all it was a good Halloween! I was super glad it stopped raining right after we started so no one got really wet and everyone had a good time.

No comments: