
Now that Ethan is getting bigger and doing and saying funny things on a regular basis, I'm going to start writing them down so I can remember them. Little kids are so funny and I would love to remember the things he does. Because he still is pretty little and doesn't string things together incredibly well quite yet, the ones I post about now will require a little background to them instead of just funny one liners. :) Here are a couple I can remember from the last few days:
Background Story #1:
We have been trying to teach Ethan who the original Disney characters are because we are going to Disneyland in January and would like him to recognize Mickey, Pluto, Goofy, Donald, etc. and not just Buzz and Woody. We show him pictures of Mickey almost everyday and he's got him pretty much figured out. We have even started renting old Disney movies off netflix that are all about Mickey, Pluto or Goofy. They have been fun to watch for us as well.
The other day Ethan was sitting at the counter coloring a picture with his markers and I looked up from programming and saw the cat was a little on edge and noticed there was a mouse sticking his head out from above my stove (very common occurrence) and so I pointed it out to Ethan and said to him "Look, there's a mouse!" So over the next few minutes every time the mouse would pop his little head out Ethan would yell "Mouse!" and get all excited and then go back to coloring. A few minutes later I was still programming and all of the sudden Ethan started saying "Mickey! Mickey! come here Mickey!" and I looked up and he was talking to the mouse and motioning with his hand for the mouse to come out and visit. It was pretty funny and totally random.
Background Story #2:
Ethan goes in rotations on what movie he really likes at the moment and we watch almost nothing but that movie for about a month straight and then he'll get tired of it and switch movies. Right now his favorite movie is Barnyard. There is a scene in it where 3 boys sneak up on a sleeping cow and tip it over and one of the boys says "That's called cow tipping!" Then does this weird little laugh that goes "Ha! ... Ha! ... Ha!..." Ethan is totally obsessed with the "Ha! ... Ha! ... Ha!..." part of this movie. He gets really into it and will say it to me complete with a head bob and everything. (If you've never seen it, you should look up a clip on youtube or something because it will make the next part of the story even funnier I think)
The other night I was sitting on the couch and had bought a small package of laffy taffy for a treat. I pulled one out of the bag and Ethan was sitting on my lap. I told him I was going to tell him a joke and proceeded to read a joke off of the wrapper. Out of nowhere right as soon as I finished reading the punchline of the joke Ethan looked me in the face and said "Ha! ... Ha! ... Ha!..." It was so random and so funny that Mart nearly spit milk out of his mouth and I just busted up laughing.
And the last one I'm going to tell today isn't really a funny thing he has said but it's something he has started doing recently that cracks us up. If he doesn't want you to say or do something he will point at you and go "Shh .. Shh!" and then keep doing whatever he was doing before. I have no idea where he learned it but he does it all the time!
That's it for today! He's such a goofball and I'm excited to start being able to record more funny things he does. It will make days where he's a lot harder to handle a little more bearable if I can look back and read about the funny/cute moments in his life.
No comments:
Post a Comment