Yesterday Mart had planned for us to have a movie-night-in with Ethan. We rented How to Train Your Dragon and made muddy buddies and popped popcorn. Those plans had to go on hold for a little while, but luckily we were able to still continue on with them ... just a few hours later than we had planned. We had to delay our movie date night a few hours because sadly, I spent another couple of hours in labor and delivery last night. The good news at least is that I'm getting really close and I'm almost finished with this journey.
Yesterday I had woken up in the middle of the night after having a dream that my blood pressure had skyrocketed. It worried me all day long so when we went to the grocery store later I of course had to check it and make sure it wasn't that high. It was high. Not as high as my dream, but it was higher than it should be. That of course, made it climb even higher. After hanging out at my moms house for a couple hours I decided to take it one more time (as I had to go back to the store, I forgot a couple things) and I thought it would be lower after just resting for a while. Nope. It was still wicked high. That high of blood pressure (160/110) can be very dangerous so Mart and I packed a bag and headed to the hospital to have them take my blood pressure and be monitored for a little while. When I got there it had climbed even more. Grand. They kept me there for about an hour and a half. I had very little protein in my urine and my lab work came back perfect. (The nurse kept ranting about how perfect my lab results were...they must have been good. =] ) and my blood pressure had gone down a bit. Not a ton, but enough to send me home to wait for my appointment on Monday.
My appointment is tomorrow. I think one of the last things she has been watching is to see if my blood pressure climbs. After yesterday, I keep wondering what she is going to decide to do. It definitely had risen a LOT higher than it normally is. My swelling is continuing to get worse so the carpal tunnel in my hands is getting worse. I am VERY ready to be done with this experience and have my baby here with me and start to feel normal again. I feel like I complain a lot, and I really try not to. Some days it is just hard not to when I feel so crumby.
On the plus side, I think Mart and I FINALLY came up with a middle name for our baby. It was really hard, nothing seemed to go well with Lincoln that we liked.
That's about it. Not much else has been going on, just waiting and counting down until this baby arrives. I sure hope I find out more about the "Plan" on Monday when I see the doctor next.
Until then ... Happy Sunday!
(Oh speaking of Sunday ... I forgot to mention that after 5 1/2 years straight of being in either the nursery or the primary, we were FINALLY released last Sunday! This week was the first week we were able to go to classes without sneaking out of nursery on slow days since we were married! It was so different, but really nice. Hallelujah! I loved those nursery kids, but it's definitely time for a break to just go to classes like normal.)
No comments:
Post a Comment