Friday, October 8, 2010

36 weeks

I went to my 36 week appointment yesterday. She hadn't had a chance to talk to the surgeon yet because he has been out of town, so for now my baby is still cooking. My swelling is getting worse still, but my blood pressure is maintaining which is really good. By this time with Ethan I was scheduling his delivery date because of pre-eclampsia. My next appointment is on the 18th, a week from Monday so we'll see what happens then.

When I went in I had a crazy sharp pain in my lower back on the right side and I had been thinking it was kidney pain for 2 days. I really hoping I didn't have an infection as the icing on the cake. Turns out it was too low for my kidneys, but two bones in my back are separating. I think she called them the S.I. bones? It's in between my spine and one other bone and it's SUPER painful! I've been living on painkillers religiously every 4 hours for the last 2 days straight. Even before my 4 hours are up, I'm ready for more and just have to wait it out. I found out that a heating pad a friend of mine made me is my new best friend and helps get me through that remaining hour. I feel super guilty taking so much medication, but I can't function without it. Sleep isn't even an option until it kicks back in in the middle of the night. The good thing though, is I haven't taken anything since around 11:30 last night and I'm doing okay today! Maybe I won't have to live on them until baby Lincoln comes.

We STILL don't have any ideas for middle names. We need to come up with something soon. It's super tough!

So, as of this moment in time ... we are still hanging in there. I'm VERY ready to be done and I am glad it'll all be over soon. :)

1 comment:

Emme said...

It is you r SI joint. I started having problems with it during my pregnancy with Elyse. It seemed to go away and then several years ago it started up again. I coudl be walking and have teh pain his so hard and fast that it would literally drop me to my knees. I found out about it at the chiropractor. He gave me some simple exercises to do that when it starts, i can do them and make it go pretty much away. The problem with you is that being as pregnant as you are I not think you can get in the positions. Maybe though. If interested,I can tell you.