My animals have always demanded my attention and been clingy, especially my little Stella (the white dog). Since I found out I was pregnant, I've noticed that all 4 of my animals rarely leave my side. After reading about animals and new babies on the internet I found out that when a woman becomes pregnant all the extra hormones running through her body change her scent. That's how animals know that you are pregnant and as a result some of them tend to be more clingy. There are all sorts of theories/old wives tales about which gender becoming clingy = what gender your baby will be. I don't know if that's true in my case as all 3 of my dogs are girls and won't leave me alone and my cat is a male and also won't leave me alone.
Anyway, now that I'm pregnant Stella will NOT leave my side. She has become my protector. If I sit down, she's always within arms length of me. When I sit outside with Ethan she sits either next to me, on my lap or under my legs. Sophie has also always been clingy but has gotten bad too. If I lay on the couch to take a nap, Sophie will either lay behind my back or next to my legs. Stella will lay on the top of the couch above my head or on my legs/hips. Kya will lay next to the couch sprawled right next to me and Ashes (the cat) lays on my hip. It's not always very restful being constantly surrounded by animals, but I sure love my animal children.
As a result of them always being next to me, I tend to pick on them a little more often than I normally would. They are good sports and put up with it.
Stella:

Kya:
Anyway, I just wanted to post about my animal babies and how much I love them and I am glad they are in my life. Ethan sure adores them and I love having them around (even when they never leave me alone).
Kya (4 years old):
Stella (2 1/2 years old):
Sophie (2 1/2 years old):
and Ashes (5 1/2 years old):
They are sure good to Ethan and I couldn't ask for better family animals. Ethan LOVES them and plays with them/picks on them every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment