The rest of the weekend sadly did not go quite as expected. We had planned to get up Saturday and take Ethan to Lowes to build a project (normal Saturday activity). We were going to meet Ty and DeAnn and the kids there and then DeAnn wanted to go to the farmers market after because she'd never been before. Then later that day Traves was going to take some maternity pictures for me.
In the middle of the night I had woken up with shooting pains from my pelvis up both sides of my abdomen up into my ribs and chest. I was nearly in tears but managed to go back to sleep. I had no idea what caused it, but pains come and go while your pregnant so I thought nothing of it.
I woke up in the morning and was scared to get out of bed because I could still tell my sides were hurting so I just laid there until Mart came and helped me get up using as few stomach muscles as possible. I went into the living room and sat on the couch for a few minutes when the pains started up again. It would cause my uterus to get rock hard at the same time. I still didn't think very much of it because I am only 30 weeks and haven't had problems like this so far. Also, when I have braxton hicks I can only feel them on my sides because my hernias take up the entire front of my belly so I can't feel anything through them. Anyway, they would come and go every few minutes until I got them so bad that I had tears coming out of my eyes. I couldn't find anywhere to sit that was comfortable so I was just miserable. In the middle of this ordeal my moms friend Debi texts me and tells me that they are outside dropping off my bountiful basket they had picked up that morning. I walked outside and while I was outside it hit again and I started to cry a little again and came back inside. My mom and Debi just hung out for a few minutes and Debi just watched me. After a few more lovely pains came and went Debi decided that she thought I was in labor and needed to get to the hospital as soon as I could so they could stop it before it got worse.
Mart and I ran around trying to pack a few things for me and for Ethan. About a half hour later we were driving to drop off Ethan with Aunt Kace and heading to labor and delivery. I got all checked in and in my room around 10:30 and then it seemed like a lot of waiting. They hooked me up to monitors to watch my baby's movement and to monitor contractions. His movement looked really good and my contractions seemed to have stopped once I was laying in the bed and relaxing. I didn't get any more intense shooting pains while I was there, which was good but annoying at the same time.

Over the next 4 1/2 hours they monitored me and my baby, gave me a shot of Brethine (Terbutaline) to relax my uterus so I wouldn't contract at home when I was released, gave me a Fetal Fibronectin test which came up negative (thank goodness) which means it's highly unlikely that I will go into labor in the next 14 days and then they checked to see if I was dialating which I was not. Everything looked good and so at 3pm they released me from the hospital.
We picked up Ethan who was having a blast playing with Kace, Ryan and Ryan's family and was so worn out he fell asleep within about 5 minutes of getting in the car. We came home and I just took it easy the rest of the day. We watched movies and I read my book.
Everything seems okay so far, I don't feel fantastic but I'm not hurting like I was. I don't think my stomach has gotten rock hard since I left the hospital and if it has, it doesn't last long or hurt enough for me to really pay much attention to it.
Sunday we went to church for nursery and Ethan was such a big boy! He opened the doors, ran down the hall, rounded the corner and got halfway down the hall until he decided to wait and make sure we were coming. We rounded the corner and watched him run all the way to his nursery classroom, open the door and go to class all by himself! What a huge change from when we used to drop him off screaming his lungs out and he would barely stop about a half hour before it was over. He's getting so big and so grown up I can't believe it.
After church we attempted to take an updated family picture. Attempted is the key word here. Nothing turned out great but they'll work for now I suppose. We set the timer and managed to cut off the top of Mart's head nearly every time. Also, ignore how swollen and puffy my pregnancy face is. Sadly, I'm one of those women who swell like crazy while they are pregnant so I've just had to attempt to get used to it.
August 29, 2010


The plan is to try and take maternity pictures this coming weekend instead. Hopefully all will go as planned and we can do that instead of hanging out in the hospital again.
1 comment:
I know I'm going to be relieved when that baby is finally here safe and sound. I can imagine you'll be glad to have it over with. (((HUGS)))
Post a Comment