Today I am 32 weeks along. It finally seems like it's getting closer to the end, but not close enough. :) I'm just impatient. Maybe I'm just really uncomfortable.
Yesterday I had my 32 week appointment. I'm measuring a week big, which isn't too bad but I've measured right on track until now. My doctor mentioned that maybe he is just going to be a big baby. She then asked me how big Ethan was when he was born. He was 7lbs 11oz ... 3 weeks early! He had nothing wrong with him at all though, so I'm convinced he was right on time and we had dates off. Anyway, her eyes widened a little bit and she said "So you wouldn't mind having this baby in October then would you?" I looked at her and smiled and told her not at all. We have like 20 birthday's in November and I'd just prefer not to add one more to that month. The way she was talking after that made it sound like she was more than okay with me having him in October and that she would try and make it possible. I'm TOTALLY okay with that!
Of course, just like 2 weeks ago the day after I go to my appointment my body starts acting up again. 2 weeks ago it was shooting pains and contractions leading to a visit to labor and delivery ... putting picture taking on hold.
Today I've had a massive stomach ache all day long that won't go away. I've tried a hot bath, laying with 9 thousand pillows under me, taking a short nap, drinking water, eating, etc. It's not working. I can't get comfortable no matter how I sit. I've just hit that place at the end of pregnancy that is miserable. This will hopefully not interfere with pictures ... which I am supposed to be doing tomorrow. Lets hope I am good to go tomorrow and don't end up back in labor and delivery again.
Anyway, back to 32 weeks. I only have 56 days to go until due date (hopefully less!). My baby is nearing 3.75lbs (as long as he's not huge) and just about 17 inches long. He's taking up all the space in my belly and I can eat next to nothing anymore. 3 bites into dinner and I'm stuffed. I'm pretty sure between a baby that's nearly 4 pounds and 2 hernias there isn't much room left in there for my stomach. I also am still fitting into my normal pants! Okay, so they were a size too big before I was pregnant ... but they aren't maternity! My belly is another story. With my super large hernia poking out, my shirts are all way too short and my belly hangs out the bottom so I have to wear a belly band or a long tank top underneath all my shirts.
We have a name picked out, but are completely stumped on a middle name. At this point, he has no middle name and we actually don't really debate it much. Neither of us can think of one we like. I guess we'll see what happens there ...
Tomorrow if all goes as planned, I will have maternity pictures taken. Hopefully they turn out well. I will post some as soon as I get them and then again when Traves gets them edited for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment