Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ethan

For Christmas my mom gave her grand kids wooden pop guns and thought they were the funniest gift. Ethan has recently decided that the gun is his favorite toy, and he even figured out how to use it correctly. He used to just bang the end of it on the floor and he could get it to pop, but now he holds the barrel and pops it the way it's supposed to. What a smart little turkey. Anyway, the other day I looked in the living room where he was playing because it had gotten awfully quiet, and this is what I saw:


Ethan had fallen fast asleep in the middle of the floor clutching the pop gun. When I picked him up to move him to his bed, his hand was gripping the gun so hard I had to pry his fingers off of it. It cracked me up. What a goofball.




Ethan is the light of my life. He's such a funny little boy and I love having him around. He's getting so big and I just love hanging out with him. The other day he learned a new trick and it's so adorable! He learned to give kisses. I got my face really close to his and puckered my lips and kept saying "kiss .... kiss ..." to him and then I'd give him a kiss and pucker my lips again. After a few times he leaned forward and gave me kisses back! I got him to do it about 4-5 times and 1-2 to Martin last night. What a sweet baby. I sure love him.




Ethan like most kids, LOVES the bathtub! I think it's so cute to just watch him splash all over the place. Some nights when he is beyond grouchy and won't settle down for anything, I put him in the tub and he splashes and laughs and giggles until he gets out and then it starts all over again. But while he's in the tub, it gives me a few minutes to re-coop. :)




No comments: