Tuesday, January 13, 2009

1 year already?

Ethan is about to turn 1 and I can't believe it! It seems like only yesterday I was incredibly ill exiled to my couch for 9 months straight and running to the bathroom whenever I was awake. I remember going to my final doctors appointment and hearing her tell me that I was getting too sick and I had the beginning stages of pre-eclampsia/toxemia and that we needed to get the show on the road. I remember her asking me to pick a day to have the baby, and I wasn't ready for that yet. I still had three weeks to go, I wanted him to come early but never thought it would happen. Then we checked in ... about an hour later we received the light in our lives. Ethan Matthew Neel was born January 24, 2008 at 6:08pm weighing in at 7 pounds 11 ounces and 19 inches long. Here is a brief look back over the last year.

Welcome to the family!

Ethan probably about a day old.

Ethan 1 month old

Two months old


Three months old

Four months old and he's already been hiking twice!


Five months old
Six months old

Seven months old

Eight months old

Nine months old

Ten months old

Eleven months old

And here we are, about a week and a half away from being a year old!


I'm so greatful to have him in my life, and I look forward to many more years to come. We will be in Disneyland for his first birthday, what a lucky kid! He'll get to hang with Mickey and lots of family on his birthday and then come home and we'll have a party for him at home.

I love you Ethan. Thanks for being such a good little boy and bringing with you such a sweet spirit!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Okay, Kels, I am trying to think of a time when I have actually seen Ethan in person. I am not sure I have, yikes! Have I really not seen you in that long. Well, anyways he is adorable, and he has those cheeks that look so familiar. I am sure we are related.

Kelsie said...

The last time I saw you was when I was pregnant, I want to say Thanksgiving time 2007. You'll have to see him one day, he's very sweet. :)

*Chelsey* said...

He's so cute! Happy Birthday Ethan!

.:*The Brown Family*:. said...

What a cute little guy there, Happy Birthday Ethan