Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Putting up the tree

The beginning of December we decided (or I decided) it was time to get the tree setup! We usually have a really nice fake tree, but we were worried about tiny crazy pants ripping it to shreds, so we decided to get a shorter real tree, and prop it up off the ground a little bit so she couldn't reach it as well. Off we went to pick out the perfect tree. We found an awesome shorter, chubby full tree and I loved it! Also, it pretty much smelled like heaven.




The boys were so cute and really excited to get it setup.



It was bedtime when it was finally setup and ready to go, so we just left it lovely and bare for a couple of days before we decorated it. Mart did the lights and I did all of the garland and other decorations, and then we saved all of the ornaments for the kids to put on.





All ready for ornaments, the kids were excited to get started!










When they finished, I loved out it turned out. I asked Mart if it looked like a craft store threw up all over it, and he said "A little, but it's cute!" Ha ha. Love him. A couple of days later, he told me he was looking through magazines (or something like that) and was looking at all the trees and came home and told me that ours was totally comparable to the ones in the magazine. I am glad he is starting to notice. *Wink*



Jade thought the tree was fun, but ignored it at the same time. She played with other toys instead while the boys decorated.


Once the big tree was finished, Ethan got to work on the three little trees.







A few days later, we went to my moms house and helped her get her tree all decorated and ready for Christmas. The boys had a blast helping Grandma. I asked them to stand by the tree so I could take their picture, they must have been in a weird mood that night because these were as good as I got from them:




No comments: