Thursday, June 6, 2013

Preschool

Ethan had his last day of preschool on the 31st. For the last month, I have made sure to drive him out to Richmond as much as possible to make sure he could still attend school so his routine didn't get changed up too much. He loved going to school and learned a lot. It was good for him to get out of the house and play with some other kids. 

While in school he learned to write his numbers up to 12 and count up to 29 (He thinks the number after 29 is 2010. ) He can write his name and "Mom" without help, and lots of other things as long as you write it out for him first. Toward the end, I started working with him on letters and the sounds they make to get ready for Kindergarten (I tried teaching him myself, but he didn't retain a single thing I said to him. I bought a leap frog video about letters and he knows all of the letters and sounds after only watching a handful of times! The boy definitely learns better from technology).

When I picked him up after school, she gave me a journal that he had been keeping since the beginning, a certificate and this picture she took of him the school day before. He looks so happy with himself. I just love it. What a big boy.




He's definitely been antsy since he doesn't have school to go to anymore. It doesn't help that I'm way too pregnant to do too much with him anymore. He's extremely excited to start Kindergarten, and I am beyond nervous to send him ... hopefully he does a LOT of growing up this summer!

1 comment:

Seantae Jackson said...

I can't believe he's this old already! It's amazing how fast time goes! He'll do great in kindergarten. It's amazing how when they're surrounded by a bunch of other kids and expected to be mature, how it all falls into place!