Wednesday, June 5, 2013

35 weeks

I'm sure this post will be extremely scattered and not make a whole lot of sense, but I'll just blame it on the brain cells that seem to go missing while I'm growing a person. 

I haven't posted a whole lot about this pregnancy, mainly because it's been surprisingly uneventful. (Thank goodness! Maybe my last two were too eventful!)

I have the usual 3rd pregnancy (I assume they are usual ...) symptoms of being super uncomfortable. I feel like there is something out of alignment in my lower back/pelvic area so sometimes moving wrong is next to excruciating. I can't wait until my joints aren't all loose and moving where ever they feel like all the time.  I have gotten extremely lucky this time and haven't had morning sickness since 14 weeks. That was something I was dreading about ever being pregnant again.

At my last doctors appointment, my blood pressure was crazy low for me (near perfect), I have only gained like 17 pounds, swelling is at a minimum, and no crazy problems. It's been so bizarre but so nice! I have had contractions here and there since we started remodeling the house we are living in now, but nothing terrible. I have hit the exhaustion wall again and have a hard time making it through the entire day without feeling like I have to have a nap. I wish I had time every day to take a nap ...

Whether I end up with another c-section or a vbac is still completely up in the air, but we will start trying to determine what will be best at my appointment next week. I told her I'm a little concerned about both of my abdominal hernias ripping right open (the baby is pushing on them pretty hard already) and she said that is a valid concern and it could very well happen. I told her I would like a vbac, but honestly I am leaving it up to her to decide what would work best and be safest for both of us. 

Anyway, here is me a few days ago. I feel like I look like a beached whale as she was jutting straight out, but hopefully it won't be much longer.


 

Life keeps on going. I am ready to have my brain back ... tonight while I was making dinner and I put a pot of water on the stove to boil and turned it on high. I finished loading the dishwasher, went and used the bathroom, got some towels out of the laundry ... 20 or so minutes later I came to check on the water, and I had turned the wrong burner on ... geez. I'm not sure why growing a person sucks all the brain cells out, but I'm ready to start letting my brain work again soon. 

The other night I was roasting and went outside to try and cool off a little, and looked down and realized I don't have much longer with this view. I'm glad it's almost over and I'm excited to meet this little Miss.





2 comments:

Seantae Jackson said...

You are doing great!i love te shot of your lap and wish soooo bad I would have thought to do one like that!

Trisha said...

You are adorable :)