I don't know if it's just hormones or the fact that I'm 36 weeks pregnant and uncomfortable, but I have had next to no patience with my boys lately. I'm leaning more toward hormones because it's been going on for a while ... I think they know that I'm getting close and things are going to be changing too, because they haven't been angels either. We all just need to get out and do something fun.
Kace called me last week and asked if we wanted to meet her at the new splash pad so Tyler could play with Lincoln and Ethan. As it's only 2 blocks from my house, I said that I should probably get over my own attitude problem and take them to do something fun. It would be significantly easier having Kace there to help me too and water is always a good distraction for Ethan. It was a good choice. Ethan had a blast!
When we first got there, Lincoln was really hesitant and didn't want anything to do with the water. He sat by me and ate snacks and watched and talked to his best friend Mr. Tyler.
I took over watching Zack so Kace could watch my boys in the water.
After asking several times if he wanted to go and play instead of just watching, I finally told Kace to just pick him up and take him with her or he'd never adjust or agree to go in.
He finally semi warmed up and at least walked around in it for a few minutes to cool off.
Ethan on the other hand took no convincing and was running around like a maniac! "I'm wet Mom!"
After a few minutes he realized that all the big kids were fighting over one big water jet in the middle so he joined in on that too.
He knows how to stand his ground, because he ended up being king of the hill for a very long time.
Tyler would rotate between running around in the water and coming back to get more snacks from me. Toward the end, little Zack decided that he was curious and kept going to check it out.
Right before we left, he decided that he liked it and started crawling all over the splash pad! We couldn't believe how brave he had suddenly gotten. He's such a big boy!
It was hot because there isn't any shade yet, the trees are all still too little. But my boys had a blast and were definitely worn out. Thanks Kace for inviting us, and for watching my boys! They love playing with you. It was nice to get a little sun and run around for a while.













1 comment:
Yay for getting out!
Post a Comment