Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Ethan turned 5!

At the end of January my little Ethan monster man turned 5! He's been so anxious to be 5 all last year, that we kept forgetting how old he already was and started thinking that he was already 5. I told him that instead of turning 5 this year, we would go backward and he would turn 3 instead. He didn't think that was funny at all.

This year because of so much going on, being pregnant and busy we decided to do fun things with him, but keep it low key and not throw a big party. Mart took the day off and that afternoon he took him to a movie by himself and when they got back we met friends and family at the bowling alley to go bowling! Ethan loves bowling and going to movies, so he had a fun filled day! After bowling we picked up some pizza and went to my moms house for dinner and cake. It was low key but Ethan seemed to have a good time.

At the bowling alley:

Ryan and Mr. Zack


Lincoln loves bowling too! (Not that you can tell in this picture)

Ethan was so excited to get started

Mart and Dallan

I was there too. :) Once again, I wasn't quite sure how to pose all by myself, so I just pulled my "I'm feeling weird standing in front of a camera by myself" face.

Kace and Tyler

Debi and myself

My mom and crazy Ethan

Me and my other half

For the last few months I had been asking Ethan what kind of cake he wanted, and up until a month before his birthday he told me he wanted a super hero cake. "Batman and Robin with the batmobile". About a month before his birthday he changed his mind and wanted a monster cake instead.

Much easier for me (besides the hand cramping from all the piping with the grass tip!)

I can't make a cake without making cupcakes too ...



Traves looks almost like his cupcake. :)


Ethan really liked it, but wasn't very interested in posing with it. He was too excited to blow out the candles.





He was so excited for his birthday and I know he was sad he didn't get to go to Disneyland this year, but I think he had a good time anyway. I can't believe I have a 5 year old ... it feels like I just had him a couple years ago. Crazy. Even though he can be a stinker lots of the time, I can't imagine life without him. He's such a sweet boy and we love him so much.

Happy Birthday little Monster!

1 comment:

Seantae Jackson said...

I love what you ended up doing! Perfect for a 5 year old!!! And his cake is suuuuper cute!