Friday, February 22, 2013

Little Mr. or Little Miss?

From the beginning, we have said that this would be our last baby. My body just doesn't handle being pregnant very well. It has always been so miserable, like beyond miserable. With that in mind, I found gender reveal parties on Pinterest and wanted to throw one this time around. The only thing was, I didn't want to be surprised at the party with everyone else (I know, I'm boring like that). I wanted to be the one to make the cake and regardless of it being a boy or a girl, I needed to get my emotions in check before the party. I didn't want any hormonal, emotional, or irrational tears. I liked the idea of mustaches or bows? Little Mr. or Little Miss? Instead of blue vs. pink though, I did brown for the boy/mustache color.

Because of a lot going on, it was thrown together last minute. So it didn't turn out quite like I wanted, but it worked out. 

This is hard to read, but it was my banner that said "Little Mr. or Little Miss?"


The cake! I'm glad this worked out. I was having issues with it all day long!


I wanted a voting area where people got to show if they thought it was a boy or a girl. Then they got to wear either a mustache or a bow so everyone knew what they guessed it was. 


Lincoln didn't feel like looking at me, but he was sporting his bow!

Ethan was funny. For a week leading up to finding out, he guessed girl. A couple of days before he told me he thought it was a boy and a girl like Zach's mom. (My friend Seantae just had twins, a boy and a girl) and then after I told him repeatedly that it was just one baby, he changed his mind and insisted that it was a boy. So he got to sport a mustache (or a beard as he called it all night). 


I also wanted to make some props and have a photo booth! I thought it might be a fun way to kill some time and for people to relax and have some fun. 


Here are the results of our photo booth! Again, not quite what I wanted, but some of them turned out alright. Ethan was obsessed with it and it was by far his favorite part! He would dress up and tell everyone to come take pictures.


Grandma Erm and Ethan


Ryan and Kace



Grandma Ilene and Ethan


Me, Mart and Ethan


Mart and Ethan


Rachel, Devin and Ethan (Do you see a pattern here? He had to be in everybody's picture! Silly boy)


Ethan


Kace and Ethan


Mart and Zack


Me and Debbie


Me and Lincoln


Debi


Amanda and Ryan


We ate some dinner and then people started to get antsy. Debi was all for cutting the cake before dinner and then just saving it, but I told her we should wait. (I wasn't nearly as antsy, because I already knew!) But after dinner, I finally decided it was time to cut the cake.

 

It's pink!!


That is definitely not a color we are used to at our house, but we are excited to add it! Out of everyone who was there, we only had 3 (plus 2 more who weren't there) votes for a boy, and everyone else guessed girl!



During the ultrasound, she was very stubborn and we were lucky to get photos of all the medically necessary stuff. All she did was curl herself into a tight ball and hide behind the placenta. We couldn't get a profile shot at all, and only had a quick half a second window to check her nose and lips for cleft. Everything looks great! I am very grateful that we were able to at least see what we were having, I was starting to go bananas not knowing!

We are so excited to have her a part of our family. For a long time, I've known that there was a girl waiting for me. I'm just glad to know she's finally going to be here and that I wasn't crazy. *wink*

20 weeks down, halfway there. So excited for summer!

1 comment:

Seantae Jackson said...

I can't believe how great your party turned out!! And I'm soooo excited for you to join the one girl club! The other day Trevor said, 'It is so easy to sort out Hannah's clothes in the laundry!' Congrats again!