Thursday, January 31, 2013

Christmas

I know this is a little late, but better late than never.

Each year when we get out the decorations, Ethan gets his own little tree. He was so excited about his tree this year! Since I was 5, my family has had a Christmas tradition of going to the Hallmark store and picking out our own ornament for the tree. I have a lot. Some years, I've managed to get more than one. *wink* It might be because I'm the only girl, or maybe because my mom is a sucker when it comes to the cute ornaments. :) Anyway, Ethan got to put some of my old ornaments on his tree from when I was little. He loved them! The boys couldn't leave the tree alone the entire time we had it up!


Our finished tree before it would get destroyed by little hands and a cat who likes ribbon. 


 A couple years ago I taught my boys about Christmas magic! I thought I posted a video or photos about it when I taught them, but I can't find the post. If you sing a song to the tree and fill your palm with magic dust, you can blow it on the tree and the lights will turn on and off! This year when the tree was setup, Ethan remembered and got started singing his song to try out the Christmas magic!



Mart has never been to see the lights at temple square, so one Sunday in December we drove down to see the lights and show my boys the temple!

 

Ethan was super anxious for Christmas and was getting so excited!


His cute little face Christmas morning! He was a little bummed he had to wait for Lincoln and sick Mama to wake up.

 

Kya even had a good Christmas! She was so happy about her Christmas bone. 


Both of my boys were so excited and had a fun day

 

After Christmas Kace's family, Ber and Dallan and MarDee came over for Christmas lunch. That evening we went over to my moms for dinner and Christmas at her house.

It was a good day and my boys had a good time! It was a little harder on me because I was still super sick and just wanted to sleep, but I made it through the day with my family.

Lincoln and my mom elbow bumping Christmas night. :) What a silly boy.


No comments: