Thursday, January 10, 2013

Update

There has been a lot going on, hence the lack of posts lately. So here is my update since Halloween. 

Since Lincoln was about 6 months old, I've had serious baby fever. The problem is that they grow up way too fast. Then this last year Kace was pregnant and about every other lady in my ward was expecting a baby sometime at the end of last year or the beginning of this year. I thought that would be fine and I would get to hold enough brand new babies that it would hold me over for a while. I just didn't feel like I could go through another 9 months of torture this soon. But I'm tough and my babies are cute, so here we go again! 

In November my cute friend Trisha took some announcement pictures for us. It was freezing so my kids were having a hard time, but we got a few good ones. :)


At around 6 weeks, the dreaded morning sickness hit. And it hit hard. I was so sick , especially at night. I could barely function and spent most of the day laying on the couch. Our original plan was to tell my Mom at Christmas. I thought this would be easy because I didn't see her all that often and I would be able to hide it until then. Then something clicked in my Mom's head or something and she started inviting me to all sorts of things (very out of character for her) and I was feeling very guilty for lying to her. I just didn't feel well enough to go or to go and hide it. The end of November she just kept pushing to do something for my birthday (also very out of character ... she usually will throw a "party" in December some time and we'll eat dinner and she'll buy a cake ...). My Aunt was in town and they wanted to go to a movie for a girls night out (also not very in character ...) so they invited me. I couldn't say no, so I just said about 50 prayers on my way to the theater that I would survive and not throw up all over the place. I actually made it and I did great! After the movie, I decided to just tell them and get it out in the open so they would leave me alone and quit inviting me to do things that I couldn't do. Ha ha.

I said we should take a picture and when it went off I just said "Say Kelsie's having a baby!" because at that point I was feeling yucky and was ready to just be done and couldn't think of anything else. Lame, I know. My Aunt was so cute and was in shock and just kept hugging me over and over again. My mom looked completely stunned and Debi actually told me after that she had had the thought to ask me when I was having another baby in the car on the way there ... ha.

(Not a great picture, but that's what I get for talking while the guy was taking it)



Because twins run in my family, I have been super paranoid with each pregnancy that it will be twins ... so when I go to the doctor I tell her to double check that there is only one in there. :)

Right before Christmas we confirmed just the one!

Both of my boys act just like they did in their ultrasounds. Ethan NEVER stopped moving, and he still doesn't! Lincoln had spurts where he was super wiggly and then he would calm down, and he is still like that. When she put the wand on my belly and the image of the baby came up, I honestly forgot it was an ultrasound. I was thinking it was a frozen image of the baby like right before they print it out for you. The baby was so calm and didn't move at all! It's little legs were straight up and crossed and it must have been sleeping. It was eventually annoyed by getting prodded and it rolled over onto it's side and then stopped moving again. Maybe this will be a sign of a super mellow baby! (Wouldn't that be nice!)




I am 14 weeks this week and the babe is a size of a lemon. Growing fast (but sometimes not fast enough). I am so anxious to find out what we are having next month! It's starting to drive me a little bonkers. 


Everyone has always told me that as you enter the second trimester, the morning sickness should go away. It never did with my boys so I wasn't expecting it to this time. It has started to go away and I've had way more energy and been able to eat and actually drink something!

Here's to hoping for a much smoother ride this time! 

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Dang you Kelsie! Now I want a baby. Uh. I have been hiding my baby fever for about six months because it just brings me to tears to think about enduring another pregnancy. Why is is so dang hard to get the cute babies here? Man! I am a wuss... you are a tough mamma for voluntarily going through with this a third time. I am jealous! And you have the most adorable babies!!!

Trisha said...

I love the ultrasound picture!