Tuesday, May 3, 2011

6 months!

I can't believe my baby is already 6 months old! It has gone by so fast.

Weight: Approx. 14lbs 6 oz
Getting close to being double his birth weight!

I had to postpone his 6 month appointment until later this month, so I won't have an accurate weight and height until he's closer to 7 months.

Milestones:
-He wears size 3-6 month clothes, but can fit into specific 6-9 month items. He's a tiny boy!
-He wears size 2 diapers..but honestly can still fit into a 1. I only moved him up because I didn't think he'd stay in size 1 long enough to go through another box of diapers, but I was probably wrong.
-He's a pro at rolling over and likes to spin in circles when he does it.
-He started eating solids and only dislikes peaches so far. He does okay with peaches only when mixed in with oatmeal. He seems to really like everything else though!
-He adores Ethan and watches him all day long. His face always lights up when Ethan talks to him.
-He's a major Mama's boy, which is really fun for me .. especially considering Ethan is major Dad's boy.
-He occasionally will lean in and suck on my cheek giving me kisses. He doesn't do it very often, or to very many people.


Mama Milestone: I am still breastfeeding him and I am so very proud of myself! I only made it 3 months with Ethan, and it wasn't even exclusively. It was only sporadic supplementing ... The only time Lincoln has ever had formula in his short little life is when he wouldn't eat in the hospital and they threatened to put him in the nicu if I didn't allow them to give him formula to bring up his glucose levels ... lame. He was just fine.

He is such a sweet little spirit and I love having him in my family! I can't imagine life without him.


2 comments:

Jenny said...

Your kids (and mine) have got to be the cutest in the entire universe! Seriously... I think it's Heavenly Father's way of making up for the crappy pregnancies!

Suzanne said...

I see a future heart breaker!