We headed out to sunny California a couple of days before Ethan's 3rd birthday in January. Mart always has the unlucky misfortune of getting sick every time we travel, so we prayed really hard that he would be fine this trip. It ended up being Ethan and Lincoln who were extremely sick. And by extremely, I mean EXTREMELY! By the time we got home, I started to become convinced that Ethan may have actually had the whooping cough. He sounded terrible and had a super high fever during the night so he didn't sleep all that well.
We decided to drive there, because it would just be easier with all of the stuff we needed to bring for a brand new 3 month old baby and Ethan. We packed my mom's Prius to the brim and headed out. The first day we drove to Mesquite and stayed the night, and decided to drive the rest of the way the next day. The first day of driving really wasn't that bad. Ethan would take medicine every pit stop and there wasn't a whole lot of crying going on until the last 30 minutes of the drive. The next day was pretty much torture. Ethan was crying, Lincoln was crying, I couldn't do anything to help them and was so overwhelmed, I started crying and Mart couldn't take it anymore and we had to pull over for a much needed just get out of the car break. We bought Ethan a popsicle and let him run wild for a little while which seemed to help a little.
We eventually made it ... hours after we had planned. I was so relieved that we would be there for just over a week and wouldn't have to face that drive again for several days.
Lets just skip the novel I could write and just tell some short facts.
*3 blessings later, Ethan finally started to feel a little better. He was at least able to function and wasn't burning up.
*We were so worried about Ethan getting lost, I gave in and bought a harness. (I'm totally anti child harnesses, but I convinced myself it was SO much better than losing him). He got it out of his system by getting lost the first day before we even went to the park. He was just running around the hotel. It was so scary. Thank goodness we found him after only 5-10 minutes of frantic searching.
*Despite being sick, Ethan had fun. That's what we wanted.
*Ethan loved the Buzz ride and would ask to go on it every morning when we woke up.
*It took Ethan about 3 days to warm up to the characters enough to even be willing to stand next to one for pictures.
These pictures are not in any particular order, that would take way too long.
Enjoying sunny California!

Jesse was the first character Ethan was willing to go stand next to. You can tell he's nervous, but he did pretty good.

Lincoln on the other hand, couldn't care less.

Ethan even managed a smile when Woody came out!

My mom and Debi took my boys for an afternoon so Mart and I were able to do some adult rides. We had to show off our mustaches. :)


This is the group we went with, minus a few people.


The last day in the park, we stood in line to meet Mickey Mouse in his house for a good half hour. Ethan walked up to him by himself! (He was definitely nervous, but he did it!)


Ethan loved riding Buzz with Mart and shooting the laser gun!

Grandma and Ethan on Dumbo! (I could only stomach this ride once or twice. I don't do well with spinning)
Ethan and "Toofy!"
Ethan loved the teacups too! (Of course it had to be a spinning ride). Mart was a champ and took him lots of times. I could only go once or twice.
Ethan had the most fun the day we let him just play in the water area with Jordan and Garrett. It was the most I had seen him smile all week long.
I love going to Disneyland and I love that now I can take my little family and watch Ethan while he experiences new things! I can't wait to go back!
No comments:
Post a Comment