Sunday, July 12, 2009

Long last few weeks.

It's been a while since I last blogged. We've just had a few crazy weeks.

I don't think very many of you know, but we have not been on good terms with Mart's parents for almost a year now. It will be a year next month that we have gone up to visit with them or talk to them or basically acknowlege their exsistance. We have had brief run in encounters with them, but never something we wanted. We don't agree with several of the things they are doing and have done in their life and now that I have a child of my own, I refuse to put up with parts of it. A few days ago, Mart decided it was time to go up to their house (which is 4 blocks from my house) and have a family counsel. He took his brothers and sisters up with him and they were gone for two hours. They talked about a couple of the things that needed to be talked about and now we are waiting to see if they are actually willing to change and put some effort into having a family. We'll see what happens.

Also the last couple of weeks Mart and George had some problems and George lived away from home for about a week and a half. The same day as the family counsel, they talked through it and he is back here for now. We'll see what happens there as well.

As for our little house guest, we have decided to keep her. I'm a sucker, I know. I can't stand the thought of her not having a home and Ethan just fell in love with her. He loves to play with her, I think it's because she plays back and is small like him. We also learned that she was born the same day as he was. I think it was meant to be.

Also, today is my Uncle Kevin's birthday. He passed away last August. I can't believe it's almost been a year since he's been gone. I miss him. Today in his honor for his birthday I made Mart and George steak and mashed potatoes ... a very Uncle Kevin meal. I am probably also going to make a birthday cake as well.

Happy Birthday Kevin. We miss you.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Kels, I have been wondering how things have been going for you. Glad to hear things are okay. Hope they continue to improve! Love Ya!

Lindsay said...

It looks like Steph and I were looking at your blog at exactly the same time - funny! I'm sorry about everything that is going on with Mart's parents. I really hope things work out. Glad to hear things with Mart and George are doing better. I don't know how you guys deal with all this! You are doing an amazing job. Love the new recipes. Did I tell you I tried your mushroom risotto? It was great!

Jenny said...

So sorry to hear about the family issues...that can really make life miserable. I can't believe you have so many dogs! I'd love to get one but sneaking it past my husband would be a problem.