Sunday, July 12, 2009

Garden Update weeks 2 and 3

It's been a while since I last blogged, things have been crazy around here. My garden is now onto week 4 and is getting big fast! I wanted to take weekly pictures of it to see just how fast it is growing. I haven't taken week 4 pictures yet, but here are week 2 and week 3.



Week 2

The whole garden:


Box 1: (spinach, lettuce, herbs, peas, beans and onions)

Box 2: (eggplant, cantaloupe, broccoli, cauliflower, bell peppers, banana peppers, tomatoes, arugula, chard, radishes and black beans)

Box 3: (All corn)

Box 4: (Beans, carrots, turnips, parsnips, beets and tomatoes)
Week 3
This week we put up the trellis'. We built one for the peas, cantaloupe and cucumbers. It's a way to save space. It'll be interesting to see a cantaloupe hanging from the trellis.
The whole garden:
Box 1: (spinach, lettuce, herbs, onions, peas and beans)
Box 2: (eggplant, cantaloupe, broccoli, cauliflower, bell peppers, banana peppers, tomatoes, arugula, chard, radishes and black beans)
Box 3: (All corn)
Box 4: (Beans, carrots, turnips, parsnips, beets and tomatoes)
Close up of the peas starting to grab hold of the trellis.
2 of the 4 tomatoes starting to grow on my heirloom tomato plant.
My banana pepper. It is a lot bigger this week! I'll take some updated photos soon.

And the perk of week 4, I have eaten fresh radishes! The radishes have only been in the garden for 3 weeks. The shortest amount of time and they are already ready to eat. Pretty fun! They were very tasty with ranch dressing.


2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Love the pictures of your garden. Can't wait to see more!

*Chelsey* said...

Your garden is AMAZING...it makes ours look very pitiful!