I have this weird thing where I can't clean during the day (unless I have to). I have to clean at night while everyone is asleep and out of my way. I put my headphones on and get to work. Everytime I scrub down my kitchen I always always always admire my countertops. I know that is a funny thing to do, but I really do. Martin works at a granite shop and fabricates counters for a living. He loves his job so much. He had to switch jobs a few months ago from a granite shop to a shop that did some of everything, but mostly quartz. He didn't like the switch because all the stone looks the same in quartz because it is man made (stone glued together instead of cut straight out of the mountain) so every job looked identical. Well he was laid off from that job and moved back to a granite shop. He loves granite more than anybody I've ever met. He admires every piece of granite he ever comes across, he even has a stone subscription magazine. (What a nerd, I know. =D) Well he did my kitchen counters for me, and I pretty much gave him free reign on what he wanted to do. He did the counters along with three custom shelves (which I love!) He did my counters one color and my island and splash a different color. Having your island a different color from your main counters is not that uncommon anymore, but he had never done splash a different color before.
I seriously love my kitchen and I love the splash the same color as the island. I think it makes the rest of my kitchen counters pop. I just wanted to show you some of the awesome work he does!



While he was working on my kitchen, he also ripped up the carpet and tile in my living room and entry and put new floors in my living room and a custom granite tile job in my entry. I thought this was awesome too, so I thought I would show this off as well. (The colors are the same as my kitchen ... they match. :] )

I guess that is my bragging for the night. You do awesome work Martin, keep it up!
4 comments:
That's awesome work there! You're lucky to have a husband with great skills like that.
That looks amazing. I love your faucet too. Martin should have his own business!
Your kitchen is beautiful but I have to know what you clean your granite with because the cleaner I use on ours really sucks. lol!
I actually use just all purpose lysol and wipe it down really good until it's not wet from the cleaner anymore. If you have anything sticky or that just won't come off you can use a flat razor blade and scrape it off and it works really well. Also Martin told me once to not get citris juice on your counters, it eats through the seal.
Post a Comment