Wednesday, September 4, 2013

2 months

2 month stats:
Head: (Yeah, I have to look at the doctors notes) - 25%
Height: (Yeah, I have to look this up too.) - 25%
Weight: 10 lbs 10 oz - 50%

 Jade had her 2 month doctors appointment on Ethan's second day of Kindergarten. She had to get her first set of shots. Poor little peanut wasn't very happy, but after she cried for a minute she calmed right down and was asleep by the time we got home (that's saying something, we only live 2 blocks away from the doctors office ...). However, the rest of the weekend she was miserable. She got a fever and barely ate anything. I was getting nervous since we were blessing her that weekend, but she was a trooper and we made it through it. (I joked that it might make the blessing easier, because she might be quieter if she was drugged up ... )

Anyway, things about Jade at 2 months old:

*She is wearing a size 1 diaper
*She is mostly wearing 0-3 month clothes. Some are still way too big and others fit just right
*She has had a couple of different nights where she has slept anywhere from 6-8 hours straight at night (hallelujah!)
*She is loved and smothered by her big brothers
*Her eyes are still gray, but a brighter gray than my boys had. I keep thinking she's going to have blue eyes because they are so much brighter, but we will see.
*She still has pretty much all her hair
*Sometimes people thing I'm crazy because I put headbands on her everyday ... after having two boys, I want to make sure people know she's actually a girl. (The doctor even called her a boy during her visit! He felt bad after ... )
*She has started to selectively smile at us, and is starting to make cute noises instead of turning into a gremlin and screeching at us all the time.
*She smiles at me the most first thing in the morning. It's a much better thing to wake up to than my boys messing around
*She's still pretty dang feisty and only likes certain people if you do exactly what she wants you to do. You can't hold her the way you want to hold her, only the way she wants to be held.
*She is darling and she feels like she's always been a part of our family

If Ethan notices me trying to take pictures of Jade, he will run over and ask to have his picture taken with her. :) He loves her so much!





This next picture isn't great, I need to do it differently next time so the dinosaur isn't so much higher than she is .... but, anyway, we've gotten our kids a stuffed animal in the hospital gift shop for when they were born. We looked when I had Jade, but there was nothing that we liked. We've been looking for something to put next to her to take her month to month pictures (I had to borrow Lincoln's giraffe last month because we still didn't have one for her), and then we saw this dinosaur. We decided that the t-rex was perfect because it was so fitting of her! (Kind of mean, I know...but we are going to put a bow on it and we named it Rexanne!)


It's hard to believe that it's already been 2 months, but at the same time it feels like she's been here forever! We love her and are so glad she's part of our family.

1 comment:

Seantae Jackson said...

She is soooo beautiful! I was laughing at always putting a bow on her. My cute Spanish neighbor Maria would always talk to Hannah when she cried 'I know, that stupid bow. Your mom always puts on another bow.' Maybe that's why they've both been so fussy! Hannah is so calm now- and I hardly ever put bows on her (because he eats them). Lol- maybe it is coorilated :)