Thursday, September 6, 2012

Preschool

Ethan is a high energy, social kid. That's all there is to it. He needs to be around kids, and he's not very often. We have been thinking for a while that preschool will be really good for him. Maybe it'll teach him how to behave a little better and to listen to teachers, and he will get to socialize with other kids. I had no idea where to send him, and I knew that my old achievement day partner had a daycare, and for 2 hours during the day she would do preschool. He had been there with me a couple of times and I knew and trusted her, so we chose to send him there.

His first day was yesterday, and he was SO excited! At 7:45 he came booking it into my room and woke me up and said "Mom. Wake up! It's time to go to school!" He was very antsy all morning. He was walking around in his pajama shirt and his underwear and at one point he told me he needed to get his shoes on so we could go to school. I told him he needed clothes on first. He then told me that he had a shirt on already.

When the time came to finally leave, he was so ready. He even allowed me to take a couple of pictures ...






But after about 45 seconds, he was done and ready to go. He was shaking his hands in excitement. 


And then he started to tug on his shorts to keep himself occupied enough to stand there ...



And then it was time to go!

When we got there, I walked him in. There was a little girl who was crying, and that made him nervous. He just stood in the back corner and watched what was going on. But I'm sure after I left, it took him no time to warm up and become his usual, high energy self.

Lincoln thought it was really strange to have Ethan gone, so I took him to my moms house to play on her playground. He thought that was fun and barely noticed Ethan was gone once we were there.

2 hours later, we went back to get Ethan. He was playing outside and looked like he was having a great time. He said he liked the boy in the green shirt (He told me his name was Jordan, but I have no idea if that's right or not...) and he loved playing the dice game that they made.

They did say he was high energy and needed to learn the boundaries and how far he could push, but that he did good. He is excited to go again tomorrow!

He can't be old enough for this already can he?!?